Good news for folks who own a GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus – if you keep an eye on your phone’s notification bar, you’ll be receiving an update the a newer version of Android – version 4.0.2. According to reports online the update only weighs in at about 8MB so we’re assuming it’s to fix minor bugs and issues on the device. Take note that this update isn’t for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus – it only applies to folks with the GSM version of the phone (i.e. everywhere else in the world and those of you who managed to get your hands on an unlocked GSM version here).
As usual remember to back up your device in case anything goes wrong. If you get the update on your phone and you notice some differences or you’ve had problems with it – do let us know in the comments below.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Note sequel is a tablet?
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2012-03-27: Samsung Galaxy Nexus abused in strange photo shoot
- 2011-12-15: Galaxy Nexus unboxed on video
- 2011-12-13: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with extended battery caught on video
- 2011-12-09: Galaxy Nexus already in stores but not for sale
- 2011-12-06: Verizon Galaxy Nexus confirmed for December 9th?