Fans of the Grand Theft Auto franchise will most likely have played Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on the Sony PlayStation 2, and if you were looking forward to seeing either of those games make their way onto the PlayStation 3, you might be in luck thanks to a recent ESRB rating which revealed that both games were being re-rated for a PlayStation 3 release.
Unfortunately it does not appear that the games will be remade into HD for the PlayStation 3, but will instead be re-released as PlayStation 2 Classics, which we guess is not such a bad thing for those who have yet to experience the game, or for those who wish to relive the game on their PlayStation 3 consoles.
Both Sony and Rockstar has yet to confirm this, but it seems like the recent ESRB re-rating has pretty much suggested that Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are definitely in the works of being ported over onto the PlayStation 3, but as to when, that remains a mystery for now. Xbox 360 owners will most likely be sitting this one out for now, but PlayStation 3 owners, are you guys looking forward to it?
- 2014-02-13 Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2013-12-16 Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10 Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-25 Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- 2013-11-19 Sony Confirms Gran Turismo 6 Supports Microtransactions
- 2013-02-18 Sony Teases PS4 Reveal With 'Evolution of PlayStation' Video Series
- 2009-08-21 PS2 backwards compatibility on PS3 gone, forever