While seeing CyanogenMod 7 on the HP TouchPad is pretty great already, what would be even greater would be seeing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich-based CyanogenMod 9 on the HP TouchPad instead. If that’s what you’ve been looking forward to ever since you picked up at $99 HP TouchPad during its fire sale, well you’re in luck as XDA forum member dalingrin has released an extremely Alpha build of CyanogenMod 9 AOSP-built ROM for the HP TouchPad tablet.
The ROM appears to be usable, but given how it’s considered to be an extremely Alpha build, there are quite a ton of features that do not work just yet which includes hardware video (which prevents Netflix or HD YouTube videos from playing), the camera, and audio just to name a few. However if you just cannot resist CyanogenMod 9 on your HP TouchPad, you will be able to find the download at RootzWiki along with additional information on what works and what does. Alternatively there’s a thread going on at the XDA forums where users are discussing their experiences with the Alpha build of CyanogenMod 9 for the HP TouchPad.
Next Story: Steampunk inspired pocket watch is solar powered
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-09-26 Android for HP TouchPad now has front camera working
- 2012-08-06 CyanogenMod 10 gets ported onto the HP TouchPad unofficially
- 2012-03-15 webOS 3.0.5: More source code to be released by HP
- 2011-10-13 Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-08-29 CyanogenMod 7 spotted on HP TouchPad