While seeing CyanogenMod 7 on the HP TouchPad is pretty great already, what would be even greater would be seeing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich-based CyanogenMod 9 on the HP TouchPad instead. If that’s what you’ve been looking forward to ever since you picked up at $99 HP TouchPad during its fire sale, well you’re in luck as XDA forum member dalingrin has released an extremely Alpha build of CyanogenMod 9 AOSP-built ROM for the HP TouchPad tablet.
The ROM appears to be usable, but given how it’s considered to be an extremely Alpha build, there are quite a ton of features that do not work just yet which includes hardware video (which prevents Netflix or HD YouTube videos from playing), the camera, and audio just to name a few. However if you just cannot resist CyanogenMod 9 on your HP TouchPad, you will be able to find the download at RootzWiki along with additional information on what works and what does. Alternatively there’s a thread going on at the XDA forums where users are discussing their experiences with the Alpha build of CyanogenMod 9 for the HP TouchPad.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Additional Nokia Lumia 2020 "Illusionist" Rumors Surface
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: CyanogenMod, HP, touchpad,
- Seen at: xda-developers