Remember the Huawei MediaPad that was announced in June last year? It’s been awhile since the tablet has been released in Asia, but we’ve yet to see it on our shores despite it visiting the FCC twice. Today’s news doesn’t signify that we’re any closer to its release, but according to Huawei, the MediaPad will now be preloaded with the latest version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich). For those of you who already own the tablet fret not – the over the air update to Ice Cream Sandwich will be pushed out to the MediaPad by the first quarter of 2012.
In addition to announcing Ice Cream Sandwich for the tablet, Huawei also mentioned that the tablet will be available in a new series of colors – good news for folks who thought the current black version was a little too boring.
Next Story: Mercedes-Benz mBrace2 at CES
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2012-02-27: Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD – official specs
- 2011-12-13: Huawei MediaPad visits the FCC again, headed for AT&T
- 2011-09-21: Huawei MediaPad to be released in October
- 2011-06-20: Huawei MediaPad Android tablet launched
- 2011-06-14: Huawei MediaPad to run on Android Honeycomb