Remember the Huawei MediaPad that was announced in June last year? It’s been awhile since the tablet has been released in Asia, but we’ve yet to see it on our shores despite it visiting the FCC twice. Today’s news doesn’t signify that we’re any closer to its release, but according to Huawei, the MediaPad will now be preloaded with the latest version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich). For those of you who already own the tablet fret not – the over the air update to Ice Cream Sandwich will be pushed out to the MediaPad by the first quarter of 2012.
In addition to announcing Ice Cream Sandwich for the tablet, Huawei also mentioned that the tablet will be available in a new series of colors – good news for folks who thought the current black version was a little too boring.RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- Nexus 7 Folio Case Available In Google Play Store
- Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- Follow: Android, Huawei, ice cream sandwich, mediapad,