Brookstone has just announced a handy new device that turns your iPad into scanner. Called the iConvert, it consists of a feeder tray with a dock for your iPad (it works with both versions). All you have to do is plug your iPad into the dock, run the iConvert app and you’re good to go. Start feeding the machine sheets of paper that you would like scanned, hit the scan button, and iConvert will do the rest. Documents are scanned as images that are sent to your gallery, which you can then share or edit on the tablet itself.
No word on how long the battery on this device will last, but we suppose it should be enough for a few emergency scans when on the road. The iConvert will go on sale this February with a price tag of $150. Check out a video demonstration to see how it works. What do you think of the iConvert? Is it something that you would use?
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2012-03-06: X-Doria: CampFire the outdoor case for your iPad 2
- 2012-03-05: Karaoke Anywhere for iPad 2
- 2012-02-09: Scosche bassDOCK gives your iPad audio some oomph
- 2012-01-25: Ballistic Tough Jacket keeps your iPad 2 safe