Another day, another iPhone 5 rumor. This time it’s supposedly from a Foxconn employee, claims 9to5mac. The website reported that the iPhone 5 is currently “geared for production”, with sample devices floating around. The sample devices reportedly feature a 4+ inch display (made by LG on at least one of them), will not have a teardrop-shaped body, have been longer/wider than the existing iPhone, and won’t have the same iPhone 4/4S form factor. It was also mentioned that none of the samples are final versions either.
There is no guarantee that the final iPhone 5 will feature any of the aforementioned details and again, there’s no way to tell if the reports are true either. However, the clues give us some insight to what the device might look like when it is finally unveiled later this year. Stay tuned for more information.
Next Story: AT&T Q1 2012 roadmap leaked?
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05: iPhone 5 Experiment goes on
- 2011-10-03: iPhone 5 email scam in full swing