[CES 2012] Apple’s AirPlay technology (which lets users stream music from their iOS devices onto compatible devices) has been pretty popular thanks to the large amount of iOS devices that have been sold on the market so it’s no surprise that a lot of manufacturers are supporting the standard on their products. However, not all consumers want to invest in a new speaker or player just to take advantage of AirPlay, and that’s where companies like Kivic come in.
The company has shown off a new device called the Kivic ONE: a small device that gives your car’s stereo AirPlay capabilities. All you have to do is hook it up to your stereo via HDMI or an RCA cable, power it via its micro USB port and you’re good to go. In addition to AirPlay, WiFi Direct and DLNA is also supported for streaming content from your mobile devices to your car’s stereo. Say goodbye to wires.
The Kivic ONE should go on sale sometime in March with a price tag between $100 and $200.RELATED
- Pandora Reaches 2.5M In-Car Activations
- Scosche controlFREQ Car Stereo Receiver
- Spotify And Volvo Team Up For Voice Navigated Music Application
- Spotify Coming To Ford Cars In North America
- Next-gen In-Car Audio System Concept Revealed By B&O, Audi And Fraunhofer IIS
- Follow: airplay, ces 2012, dlna, streaming,
- Seen at: t3