VIA technologies announced today that it will be providing its VIA Nano processors to power Lenovo’s A30 Internet TV Set Top Box that was launched today in Shanghai. The Set top box will feature a 1.2GHz VIA Nano processor and VIA VX900 media system processor which provides full compatibility with mainstream video and audio formats. The new set top box will support picture-in-picture as well as a “one-touch button” to seamlessly switch between TV and Internet services.
In addition to VIA’s hardware being used in the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box, BesTV New Media will be providing exclusive content such as 90% of box office hits being available within a month of their release dates. No word on whether we’ll be seeing the set top box on this side of the world but it’ll be available in China Q1 of 2012.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-21 Uber Giveaway: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 8 and Mixx 2
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2010-04-05 VIA Processors Coming To Samsung And Lenovo Netbooks?