Have you busted your entire Christmas bonus already, with not a single Benajmin left to spend? Well, for high flyers who earn five digit bonuses each year, here is something that might catch your fancy. Remember the 55″ OLED TV Panel from LG that we covered on Christmas Day? Well, it seems that Santa decided only a few others would be able to enjoy this exquisite piece of consumer electronics, as LG decided to place a price tag that resides in the $8,000 category according to OLED Display, although Displaysearch does wonder whether the price might drop by more than half in a year’s time.
OLED TVs are said to emerge as one of the primary models of TVs under the ’40″ or more’ category, and it would be interesting to see just how many people are willing to take the step forward and being an early adopter. After all, current LED and LCD TVs at the same size are a whole lot more affordable, so to fork out such a huge premium for what most of us would deem to be a slight improvement in image quality might not sound like good business sense after all.
Next Story: HTC Flyer receives Honeycomb update
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-02-10: LG 55 Inch OLED TV Price Slashed In Half
- 2013-08-11: Samsung Curved OLED TVs Get Cheaper
- 2013-07-22: LG Curved OLED TV Achieves THX Display Certification
- 2013-07-22: LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2013-05-19: LG Display Shows Off Curved 55” OLED TV And 5” Plastic OLED Panels