[CES 2012] Liquid Image’s claim to fame would be its underwater mask with a built-in camera, and it is nice to know that the company is not a one-trick pony as their product range has just been expanded to accommodate the tiny new Ego cam. Targeting the extreme athlete niche market, this camera might be small in size, but do not look down on its capabilities – it is full well capable of shooting 1080p video, while a tripod thread at the bottom lets you mount it onto vehicles as well as other rigs. In addition to that, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity is also thrown into the mix, letting you take advantage of that smartphone of yours as a viewfinder. The installed app will enable you to control the Ego Cam remotely, where a couple of buttons and a tiny LCD display paves the way for on-device control.
You can choose to record 1080p video at 30fps or 720p at 60fps, while folks who prefer to capture moments in still images can always fall back on the 12-megapixel photo capture mode. Want a sequential action shot? Not a problem with the continuous shooting mode. The lens itself is a 136-degree wide degree unit, enabling it to shoot at a wider angle. Since extreme athletes do get into rough-and-tumble moments from time to time, the Ego Cam is waterproof up to 10 feet. A microSDHC memory card slot is there to stash away all your recordings, while its internal battery can last for a couple of hours before requiring a recharge. Expect the Liquid Image Ego cam to retail for $150 as it ships this June.
Next Story: Haier transparent HDTV graces CES showfloor
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2013-01-08: Vizio 2013 Sound Bar
- 2013-01-06: Belkin Thunderstorm iPad Speaker Case
- 2013-01-06: Seagate Wireless Plus: HDD That Matches Your Tablet's Battery Life
- 2012-01-23: Top 5 CES Trends
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets