Bad news for those of you guys looking forward to Rockstar Games’ Max Payne 3. The game was originally scheduled to see a release some time in March of 2012, but now it appears that it has been pushed back to a later release date of May 2012. For those financially minded, this pretty much means that the company is expected to report a net loss for FY2012.
The reason behind this apparent delay, according to Take Two’s CEO Strauss Zelnick, is because “We do not take changes to our release schedule lightly, and this short delay will ensure that Max Payne 3 delivers the highest quality, groundbreaking entertainment experience that is expected from our company.” Granted that the delay will probably not sit so well with fans of the franchise, but we’re guessing that releasing a game that’s rushed and unpolished would cause a much bigger uproar.
Either way May is probably the month you’ll want to mark down on your calendars if you’re looking forward to the game, assuming of course that no additional delays pop up from now until then.
- 2013-06-18: Max Payne 3 For Mac To Release On June 20th
- 2013-01-23: Max Payne 3 Deathmatch Made In Heaven DLC Now Available
- 2012-11-27: Max Payne 3 DLC "Painful Memories" pegged for December 4th release
- 2012-08-27: Max Payne 3 Title Update now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers
- 2012-08-22: Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime DLC arriving on the 28th of August