We brought you word a couple of days ago that Mortal Kombat will be headed for the PS Vita, and sitting down with Ed Boon, Creative Director of Netherrealm Studios (the company behind the game), more details concerning this title was revealed. It seems that this version has everything from the PS3 game, which includes the whole Story mode in addition to the range of downloadable characters and content. As for the graphics, several characters and backgrounds had their polygons reduced, but considering the display’s high pixel density, it is not too far off from the full console experience – except that this is a portable version of the game.
Surprisingly enough, the PS Vita version manages to maintain the PS3 version’s smooth 60 fps framerate, and there was a lot of thought that went into the control scheme as well, where ultimately, the rear touchscreen functionality was dispatched with a “Fatality!” by Netherreal Studios, as they concentrated on the front touchscreen interaction instead. Apart from that, the new Challenge Tower ought to be more fun where you will enjoy far more than the traditional favorites of Test Your Might, Test Your Luck and Test Your Sight, as the PS Vita will feature two totally new challenges to keep gamers coming back for more.
- 2014-04-14: PS Vita Pets: Puppy Parlour To Tide You Over
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-02: PS Vita Pets Arriving June 3rd
- 2014-03-24: PS Vita System Software Update Version 3.10 Released
- 2012-04-23: Mortal Kombat Vita to get exklusive klassic kostumes