If you’ve been holding out for the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX to arrive on Verizon, we’ve got some good news for you – the wait is almost over. According to an official press release from Verizon today, the slim Android phone with the humongous battery will be going on sale starting January 26th. The date has been previously mentioned on Verizon’s website, before it was taken down, which led people to believe that the information was prematurely released. Well it turns out that the leaked information is correct this time around.
Other than the 3,300mAh battery, and the increased thickness and weight, the DROID RAZR MAXX features the same specs as its predecessor. Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, 4.3” Super AMOLED display, dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and a 16GB microSD card pre-installed, and 4G LTE connectivity. The DROID RAZR MAXX will set you back $299 with a 2-year contract. Anybody planning to pick up this phone on Thursday?
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2012-03-28 Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2012-02-03 Motorola DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX updates coming soon
- 2012-01-25 Motorola video pokes fun at Siri
- 2011-11-04 Motorola DROID RAZR video confirms release date
- 2011-11-01 Motorola DROID RAZR shown off on video