Despite all the countless reports of MySpace kicking the bucket, it looks like the social network of the early 2000s is still around and judging by reports online – it’s far from dying either. According to a recent report released by comScore, MySpace still pulls in more unique visitors in the US than networks like Tumblr and Google+! People also seem to spend more time on MySpace than Google+, which tells us something about the network.
No idea on why or how MySpace still gets so many hits, despite tons of profiles being outdated and just left collecting dust online but it looks like it’s doing something right. Perhaps news about its resuscitation has been helping to keep the service afloat? I guess we’ll find out for sure when it relaunches. How many of you still use MySpace, and if you do – do you prefer it over Google+ or Facebook?
- 2013-01-15: New MySpace Launches Together With Justin Timberlake's New Single
- 2012-02-13: MySpace coming back to life?
- 2012-01-12: MySpace still bigger than Google+ in the US
- 2011-08-23: Revamped MySpace to be music-centric
- 2011-08-12: MySpace homepage down
- 2010-07-08: MySpace could charge for streaming music in the future