There was cause for some excitement earlier this morning, when Nokia tweeted that the Symbian Belle update will be hitting older devices from next week onwards – but good thing Nokia realized that they had made a mistake, correcting the earlier error over the same Twitter account by saying that the Symbian Belle’s rollout will happen in February instead of next week. That is not too harsh a change in dates – after all, we are already about to enter into the final third of the first month of 2012, making it a fortnight more or so to wait before your Nokia handset gets some Symbian Belle goodness.
As long as you own a Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia E6, Nokia X7, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7, Nokia 500 and Nokia Oro, you will be eligible for the Belle update, and those who are about to purchase a new Nokia N8, C7 and C6-01, there is even better news – those handsets will already ship with the Belle update pre-installed.
Next Story: HTC Edge gets name change to HTC Endeavor
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-04-24: Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2012-01-30: Nokia Belle update could start rolling out 8th February
- 2011-10-10: Nokia explains the design process behind Symbian Belle
- 2011-08-24: Symbian Belle launched by Nokia
- 2011-08-22: Nokia launches countdown to "something new on Symbian"