Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia has announced that they will be making their way back to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona after taking a leave of absence for the past three years. It is said that Nokia intends to exhibit in the Apps Planet section, where executives from the company have promised “to be there in a major way”, and you can be sure that this would have certainly gotten Nokia fanboys as well as industry watchers alike more than excited. Nokia’s certainly got their groove back with the introduction of their new Windows Phone based Lumia smartphones, and to see them jump back onto the MWC bandwagon is certainly an encouragement that the company’s outlook is less bleak than before.
A Nokia spokesperson mentioned that they do expect to be in the Apps Planet section of the congress during the event, and continued, “The last couple of years we have chosen to have things outside the main event, but this year we have chosen to be back in the main arena. It’s going to be a big one, we are there in a major way. We are looking forward to going and we think we will have a lot to interest people.” Here is keeping to your word, Nokia.
Next Story: NTT DoCoMo Q-Pot.Phone SH-04D chocolate phone
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2010-02-04: Nokia C5 spotted before MWC
- 2010-02-05: Nokia C6 could debut at MWC
- 2010-02-15: Nokia at Mobile World Congress - Wrap Up