[CES 2012] Nyxio has announced the launch of its Android-powered Smart TV at CES today. Called the Nyxio Smart TV with Android, it is touch-capable and runs on the Android operating system, which means it is compatible with the almost half-million Android apps that are available right now. In addition to letting you watch your TV shows and content from your DVD players/set top boxes, the Smart TV will be able to run games like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja to apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, HBO Go and more.
The TVs will feature HD resolution and LED technology, and will come in sizes ranging from 21.5″ up to 65″. Features such as voice control will be available, and Nyxio plans to ship the TVs out by January 31st, though there was no mention of pricing yet. Stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: Gyration Air Mouse Mobile
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-01-12: Fujitsu shows off prototype Tegra 3 quad-core phone
- 2012-01-11: RoadRover Android system
- 2012-01-11: ASUS Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrated (video)
- 2012-01-11: ZTE 7" Tegra 3 ICS tablet shown off
- 2012-01-10: Sony Xperia S demo