‘Tis indeed the season to be jolly, at least according to the figures shown for the time period of Christmas Day all the way to New Year’s Day, where over a billion apps were downloaded for both iOS and Android-powered platforms. This is in stark contrast to what the weeks of December 4th to 17th raked in, measuring at a “mere” 750 million apps. Certainly a whole lot of people received iPhones and Android smartphones under the Christmas tree this year, hence the possibility of them going on a downloading frenzy after that. Surely the number of Angry Birds fans has grown since then, and we do expect to see some others get their fair share of Grand Theft Auto III action going on while they’re on-the-go. There is an estimate of more than 20 million iOS and Android devices having gotten activated during the same period of time where 1.2 billion apps were downloaded. Now these are figures not to be trifled with, and any hardware manufacturer worth their salt will certainly appreciate the kind of support that their devices are seeing right now.
Next Story: Fix the lag on your Galaxy Nexus
- 2014-01-30: Intel AppUp Bids Adieu
- 2014-01-07: Apple App Store Downloads Top $10 Billion
- 2013-12-16: 'No Better' Lorde Single Given Away Free By Apple
- 2013-11-26: Apple Tweaks App Store Search Engine To Disregard Spelling Mistakes
- 2013-09-17: Apple Allows Aging iOS Devices To Download Last Compatible Version Of Apps