[CES 2012] Philips unveiled its Citiscape Collection of stylish consumer headphones and headsets at CES. The Philips Downtown SHL5605 is the mid-range product in the lineup and personally is my favorite design-wise. Featuring comfortable a nicely crafted ear cushions and the MusicSteal technology that prevents the sounds to actually leak out and thus, ensure your music privacy when listening in public spaces such as planes or trains.
Additionally, thanks to the built-in microphone and the volume control, it is easy to switch from music to phone calls, see the list of compatible smartphones in the feature list.
The Philips Downtown SHL5605 comes in three flavors: black (photo above with brown ear pads), gray and purple. It will be available in March for $99.99.
- lightweight spring-steel construction that’s wrapped in heat-sealed soft foam.
- 40 mm drivers
- MusicSeal prevents your sound from spilling out for complete music privacy
- On-ear isolating cushions keep ambient noise from seeping in
- Customized headband and memory foam cushions
- Switch from music to phone calls with the volume control and built-in microphone, compatible with iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Palm, Samsung and Sony Ericsson devices
- 1.2m flat anti-tangle cable
Next Story: Philips Dual-Screen In-Car Display for iPhone
- 2014-04-16 The Philips W6618 Smartphone Comes With A Whopping 5,300mAh Battery
- 2014-04-07 Philips HomeSafe Wireless System Offers Access To Lifeline
- 2014-03-27 Philips Hue Tap Switch Runs On Kinetic Energy
- 2014-03-17 Philips Unveils Miracast Monitor
- 2014-02-17 Philips' Smart Lighting Wants To Change The Way We Shop
- 2012-01-12 SteelSeries Siberia v2 Frost Blue Headset
- 2012-01-12 Sennheiser PC 320 gaming headset adjusts to your ears
- 2012-01-09 Philips Metro SHL5200 Headphones
- 2012-01-09 Philips Uptown SHL5905 Headset
- 2012-01-09 Philips Fidelio L1 Headphones