[CES 2012] Philips is coming to CES with high-end and beautifully crafted headphones Fidelio L1 that that offer a crisp and clear sound delivered through very comfortable to wear large ear pads made of memory foam. The headband is made of aluminum covered with good quality leather, and the foam allows to have large cushions while keeping the device surprisingly very light.
According to Philips, the sound restitution has been carefully engineered to deliver a state-of-the-art audio quality, see the details in the feature list in the complete article.
During the briefing, I compared the sound quality to one of the Beats By Dre products and a Sennheiser model, the Fidelio sounded a little better than the Beats headphones, with a crisper sound and better restitution of the high frequencies, but I could not hear the difference with the other one.
Audio technology details, provided by Philips
- Carefully tested 40mm high-definition optimally vented neodymium speaker drivers for wide range and crispest sound
- Engineered aluminum ear shells to minimize resonance and vibration for precise sound
- Acoustic semi-open back architecture for natural sound and deepest bass
- Speakers tilted to the ear’s natural angle for improved clarity and detail and less multi-sound reflection
- Frequency response tuned to discerning listeners’ preference
- Excellent noise isolation yet spacious listening experience
- Proprietary target frequency curve for high fidelity sound signature
- Premium materials including aluminum and fine leathers for style and durability
- Oxygen-free, fabric-lined cable for a high quality signal
- Memory foam earpads designed for an ergonomic fit
- Made for iPhone/iPod/ iPod touch/iPad, in-line remote control for music on the go
- 3.5 mm audio cable and 6.3mm adapter for music with home audio devices
- Storage pouch for protection and easy portability
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod/ iPod touch
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: CES, ces 2012, headphones, Philips,