[CES 2012] The Philips Uptown SHL5905 headset is the top-of-the-line in the new Citiscape collection launched at CES by the European manufacturer. Designed for durability and elegance, it features large ear cushions made of heat-sealed soft foam and sturdy aluminum architecture construction.
Thanks to its air-filled headband, the device is comfortable to wear and very light weight for its size.
The technology labeled MusicSeal by Philips prevents the sound from spilling out for complete music privacy, which is great when you travel in trains or planes. Additionally, the large over-the-ear isolating cushions prevent ambient noise from seeping in.
It can be used with a number of smartphones (see feature list below), it is easy to switch from music to calls using the volume control and the built-in microphone.
The Philips Uptown SHL5905 Headset will be available in March in black (version in the picture) or in gray for $149.99.
Features (from Philips)
- High precision sound through premium 40 mm drivers
- MusicSeal prevents your sound from leaking out for complete music privacy
- Over-the-ear isolating cushions prevent ambient noise from seeping in
- Air-filled quilted headband and memory foam cushions offer all-day comfort
- Switch from music to phone calls with the volume control and built-in microphone, compatible with iPhone®, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Palm®, Samsung and Sony Ericsson devices
- 1.2m flat anti-tangle cable
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: CES, ces 2012, headphones, headset, Philips,