Convergence is the name of the game these days, and the Power Bank could very well be one of the outstanding candidates. Why do we say so? Well, this particular device is not only a portable power pack to juice up thirsty devices via USB, it also doubles up as a flashlight, thanks to a single 1W LED. No idea on how bright it is in terms of lumens, but if a good quality LED is used, then you can be sure that this is no slouch in terms of performance when the situation calls for it.
The Power Bank itself can be juiced up using a 500 mA 5V micro USB port, and should any drained gizmos come near it for some energy, it will do so via its USB 2.0 port. Normally, it takes up to 5 hours to give the 2200 mAh battery a full charge, and since it measures a highly portable 4.2″ in length and 0.9″ in diameter, you need not worry about this weighing you down on your travels. Expect to fork out $79.99 for the Power Bank in either gold or silver finish.
- 2014-04-07: StoreDot Intends To Charge Your Handset In Half A Minute
- 2014-03-31: Knock-Off iPhone Charger Explodes, Victim Ends Up With Electrical Burns
- 2014-02-24: Vibrations From Car Harvested To Charge Devices
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-28: iPad Charger Explodes, Sends Man Flying ‘Across The Room’