Despite the Samsung Galaxy S putting Samsung on the map in terms of Android smartphones, the Korean manufacturer didn’t show a lot of love for the phone when it came to pushing out updates for the device – especially for the American variants of the device. Regardless of whether it was the fault of the carriers or Samsung, the Galaxy S was infamous for not having Android 2.2 (Froyo) for a very long time.
And when the Froyo update was finally released, nobody really expected Gingerbread to be released for the Galaxy S within a reasonable time frame. However for those of you who still have your Samsung Captivate (the AT&T variant of the Galaxy S) – today is your lucky day. Samsung and AT&T have finally released the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The update brings a whole bunch of new features to the smartphone, most notably – an improved user interface, better copy and paste, on-screen keyboard and more. And just like the previous update, users will need to plug their phones into their computers and update them via Samsung Kies Mini. Head here for instructions. As usual, back up your device before attempting anything, or wait it out a few days to see if anybody encounters and problems with the update before trying it on your own.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, at&t, captivate, galaxy s, gingerbread, Samsung,
- Seen at: mobileburn