The Samsung WB850F is the new high-end compact camera in Samsung’s line and it should perform well in all types of settings, including low-light, thanks to its backside illuminated (BSI) 16 Megapixel CMOS sensor. The WB580F has a “fast” (large aperture) f2.8 lens, which in combination to the highly sensitive sensor, should yield very good photos even in difficult lighting conditions. The camera has a 21X optical zoom, and even features a dual video/still capture that can capture true high-resolution photos while recording a 1080p (30FPS) movie. If you want to sort your archives neatly, you can use the integrated GPS to tag the content.On the software size, this camera is equipped with WiFi, and can connect to Android and iOS devices to share files, use the mobile device as a remote viewfinder via a Samsung App. The Android version will ship right away, and the iOS one should come out in May. The cameras can also connect to a number of web services, including classics like Facebook, but also new ones like SkyDrive and Samsung’s AllShare Play cloud service which is a “smart” storage service that will automatically process files depending on the target devices, so huge movies may be re-encoded to fit smaller screens. Finally, the integrated web browser is been upgraded to be able to log into public hotspots like Airports and cafes.
There many (many!) more features, but these are the ones that I was the most intrigued by. Of course, as a user you can chose to use the Samsung WB850F as a very potent point and shoot, and optionally, it can make you life a little easier by removing some friction in the photo-sharing process.
Next Story: Samsung Q20 and QF20 camcorders
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2013-01-07: Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-12: Samsung Smart Window
- 2012-01-11: Samsung Series 9 laptops announced
- 2012-01-09: Angry Birds headed for Samsung Smart TVs