[CES 2012] Sony is coming to CES with an impressive Handycam lineup and some great innovations including its new Balanced Optical SteadyShot technology that provides up to thirteen times better stability than the regular Optical SteadyShot, according to Sony.
At the top of the line, the Sony Handycam CX760V is one of the three lucky products to get the Balanced Optical SteadyShot, a technology that, instead of only controlling the balance of the lens inside the camcorder, mechanically controls the balance of the body by enclosing it in a secondary casing equipped with a motor that compensates more accurately the movements applied to the unit inside.
Other new features offered this year for the high-end category include a more powerful back-illuminated EXMOR R CMOS sensor with good low light performance that captures 24.1 megapixels still images and 1920×1080 Full HD 24 fps video, a 10X optical Zoom with a 17X Extended Zoom, a 26mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lens and enhanced audio recording delivered by the Wind Noise Reduction (WNR) and Closer Voice features.
The Sony Handycam CX760V will retail in March for about $1500. For a detailed overview of the new features across the whole Handycam lineup, check out our article.
Sony Handycam HDR-CX760V features highlights:
- Back-illuminated “Exmor R” CMOS sensor (good low-light performance)
- 1920×1080 Full HD 24p Recording 24.1-megapixel still image capture
- 26mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lens
- Up to 120 hours of recording with 96GB Flash Memory
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to reduce shakiness even when zooming – 10x Optical/17x Extended Zoom
- Manual Control (Iris/Shutter/Exposure/White Balance),
- CinemaTone presets, and advanced controls with expanded focus, zebra, and peaking
- 3.0” Xtra Fine LCD display (921K) TruBlack technology and Color EVF (0.27” 201K) video monitoring
- Tracking Focus follows selected subjects while Face Detection offers voice enhancement and noise reduction
- 5.1ch Surround mic, S-Master digital amplifier, and Clear Phase stereo speakers for surround sound
Samsung SMART Camera NX2000 Hands-On Review
Samsung NX300 Camera With f1.8 2D/3D Lens [Video]
PanaCast Camera Offers Amazing 200 Degrees Field-of-View HD Streaming
Polycom New Solutions: RealPresence CloudAxis, New User Interface, RealPresence Desktop 2.0, Virtual Edge Executive Desktop