[CES 2012] Besides announcing a whole slew of phones and cameras at CES 2012, Sony also had some interesting concept devices to show off this year. The manufacturer showed off some prototype Vaio devices known as the Hybrid and the Slate.
First up, the Vaio Hybrid is a tablet with a special surprise – if you place it flat on a desk, you can slide the screen up lock it into place to reveal a keyboard and a speaker behind it. The 11″ tablet runs on Windows and will also feature stylus input in addition to regular capacitive touch.
Next up is the Slate – a tablet features a smart, soft touch flexible material on the back of the unit which allows you to easily turn it from a tablet into a table top display (when paired up with a wireless keyboard becomes a portable workstation). A pretty cool idea if you ask me, even though it’s still years away from the market. A design like this could possibly eliminate the need for docks. Check out the source link for more pictures and video footage of the Sony prototypes.RELATED
- Microsoft Surface Blade Concepts Spotted In New Video
- iOS 7 Concept Reimagines Lock Screen, Text Messaging And More
- iOS 7 concept video brings resizable icons and widgets to the table
- Black iPad mini rendering looks pretty good
- Docomo helps commuters with one-handed smartphone/tablet use
- Follow: CES, ces 2012, Sony, vaio,
- Seen at: engadget