Screen protectors for the most part are a thin layer of plastic that helps protect our device’s display from scratches and what not, but if you think that a regular screen protector is not adequate enough to protect your smartphone’s display, you might be interested in checking out Spigen’s new GLAS.t screen protector, which instead of a thin film of plastic, uses an additional layer of glass for protection.
Designed for the iPhone 4/4S, the GLAS.t reportedly measures 0.4mm thin which means that it shouldn’t be too obvious and should not add unnecessary bulk/thickness to the iPhone. The GLAS.t is a chemically treated tempered glass, and is supposedly three times harder than regular plastic. The video above shows the screen protector going up against a pair of scissors, a screwdriver, a knife and even an electric drill without any visible scratches!
However since we’ve never actually tried it out for ourselves, we’ll have to take what Spigen is telling us at face value for now with a hint of skepticism. But if you think that Spigen is onto something here with their GLAS.t screen protector, you’ll be able to pick one up for yourself via their website for $27.99.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: iphone 4, iPhone 4S,
- Seen at: gizmodo