Screen protectors for the most part are a thin layer of plastic that helps protect our device’s display from scratches and what not, but if you think that a regular screen protector is not adequate enough to protect your smartphone’s display, you might be interested in checking out Spigen’s new GLAS.t screen protector, which instead of a thin film of plastic, uses an additional layer of glass for protection.
Designed for the iPhone 4/4S, the GLAS.t reportedly measures 0.4mm thin which means that it shouldn’t be too obvious and should not add unnecessary bulk/thickness to the iPhone. The GLAS.t is a chemically treated tempered glass, and is supposedly three times harder than regular plastic. The video above shows the screen protector going up against a pair of scissors, a screwdriver, a knife and even an electric drill without any visible scratches!
However since we’ve never actually tried it out for ourselves, we’ll have to take what Spigen is telling us at face value for now with a hint of skepticism. But if you think that Spigen is onto something here with their GLAS.t screen protector, you’ll be able to pick one up for yourself via their website for $27.99.
Next Story: iOS charging dock disguises itself as a book
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-06-06: iPhone Trade-In Program At Apple Stores May Begin This Month
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5