Sprint will be launching its LTE network later this year, and we now know when and which markets will be getting it first. According to an announcement from Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint; customers in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston and San Antonio are expected to be among the first to benefit from 4G LTE and improved 3G coverage in the first half of 2012. So in addition to high-speed data speeds, customers will also benefit from improved voice and data quality, and stronger in-building signal penetration.
There wasn’t any mention about the touted speeds Sprint’s 4G LTE network will bring, or what devices will be available on it. But if we learn from the other carriers (AT&T and Verizon) that launched LTE networks before Sprint, we can expect hotspots and modems to come first before we see any phones or tablets riding on the 4G train. Anybody excited about Sprint 4G LTE arriving in your area?
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-04-18: Sprint Announces LTE Expansion In 21 New Markets
- 2012-09-10: Sprint 4G LTE coming to 100 more cities in ‘coming months’
- 2012-07-16: Sprint launches 4G LTE in 15 markets instead of 5
- 2012-03-09: The new iPad for Sprint shows up in Best Buy's database
- 2012-03-02: Sprint Galaxy Nexus arriving in April?