Uh-oh, it looks like if you were planning to get either the HTC EVO View 4G or RIM’s Blackberry Playbook tablet from Sprint, you might want to hurry as a purported leaked internal document has shown that both devices have been put up on the chopping block and have been marked with an EOL (End of Life) status. For those unfamiliar, this means that both devices will be gradually phased out in favor of newer devices, possibly their successors?
Shipments of the HTC EVO View 4G And the Blackberry Playbook are expected to start winding down and eventually no longer be available on Sprint, which means that replacements for your device may no longer be available, which could mean that there is a chance you could have your device replaced with an upgrade, but we guess that’s really up to the discretion of Sprint. However if both devices are still on your shopping list, you might still be able to find them in stores although that would mean you’ll be buying them for its RRP, as opposed to being subsidized on contract.
We’re not sure if there will be successors to the HTC EVO View 4G or the Blackberry Playbook arriving on Sprint’s network, but if these two tablets are going to be phased out, we are definitely curious to see what Sprint will be replacing them with in the near future.RELATED
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Follow: blackberry playbook, Sprint,
- Seen at: sprintfeed