Last November we gave you the date to when Star Trek Online would finally become free to play, and it looks like Cryptic Studios has kept its word. Today a press release was issued, announcing that Star Trek Online Free-to-Play is now live. Users who have always wanted to try the game but never gave it a shot because of its price – now’s your chance.
The free version of the game will give gamers access to all missions, levels, zones, and quests but limitations will come in the form of access to more bridge officer slots, the ability to join a guild, and priority logins. Basically, you’ll be able to play the whole game for free, but you’ll have a better experience if you pay for it. Head here to sign up for the game and start playing today.
- 2013-09-13: Star Trek Teleportation Prank Convinces People Scotty Can Beam Us Up
- 2013-09-11: NSA Director Might Have Starship Enterprise Bridge Replica
- 2013-08-23: Government Website Has Klingon Translation On Offer
- 2013-06-26: World of Warcraft Hacked; Blizzard Working On Resetting Accounts
- 2013-06-07: Star Trek Inspired Theme Park Approved In Jordan
- 2013-06-06: Acer Aspire R7 Star Trek Limited Edition Being Auctioned Off June 14