Looking for a watch to take on your next trip into the wild? Suunto might have what you need. The company today announced the brand new AMBIT GPS watch, a timepiece designed for explorers. It features a GPS navigation system, altimeter, 3D compass, and advanced heart rate monitoring – as well as the ability to tell the time. With the onboard full-featured GPS, users can choose waypoints to navigate with and see their location in multiple coordinate systems.
What separates the Suunto AMBIT from other GPS watches available on the market is the promise of 50 hours battery life as a GPS device. That’s a huge step up from other watches that struggle to stay powered for that long. In addition to its navigation capabilities, the AMBIT can help athletes with training by measuring their speed and pace, as well as monitor their heart rates to know when they are fully recovered for their next adventure. Data can be uploaded to Movescount.com for further analysis and to measure performance.
It is also water resistant up to 100m, so you’re not going to have any problems swimming with this watch on. It will be available in March 2012 in black and silver and can be purchased with or without a heart rate belt at selected outdoor stores.
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-09-16: Garmin Forerunner 620 And 220 GPS Watches Announced
- 2013-04-17: TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport GPS Watches
- 2013-01-29: New Watch Could Help Reduce Rape In India
- 2012-04-03: Garmin Approach S3 Touchscreen GPS Golf Watch