Besides working together on providing smartphones for Verizon, it looks like Samsung will also be working with the carrier to bring FiOS TV to its Smart TVs and Smart Blu-ray players this year. In a press release today, the two companies announced that Samsung will be the first consumer electronics manufacturer to commercially introduce the Verizon FiOS TV app to its upcoming Smart TVs and Smart Blu-ray players.
Through the app, Verizon FiOS TV subscribers will be able to access 26 live TV channels and over 10,000 video-on-demand Verizon Flex View titles directly through the Smart TV/player, without the need for any additional hardware. With FiOS already available on the Xbox 360, it looks like Verizon is trying to get its TV service onto as many devices as possible. A pretty good way to expand the service if you ask me – since people who already have capable hardware can subscribe to the service without having to buy any extra hardware.
- Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Follow: fios, Samsung, Verizon,