Vertu must have looked at the calendar and realized if the Mayans were correct, they might as well, as a company, go out with a bang – by ushering in three new luxury handset models in time to welcome the Lunar New Year, which will see the rabbit hand over the baton to the dragon. If you happen to be in possession of deep pockets, then you can choose from the stainless steel and emerald, black stainless steel and ruby or yellow gold and diamond models. Since this is part of Vertu’s Signature collection, you will find these models embedded with precious stones and top-grade metals, in addition to a hand-engraved four-claw dragon located right on the battery cover – I will leave that to your artistic taste to see whether this appeals to you or not.
You know for sure it would be worth far more as an art piece itself instead of a phone, since the yellow gold used was even shipped over to Switzerland for certification before work can begin in the workshop, not to mention the dragon engraving itself took a quartet of craftsmen more than a day to complete. There are whispers that this will be a Symbian powered handset, making me feel as though this is somewhat akin to a Ferrari running on a Toyota Corolla engine inside. Only three sets of the black stainless steel and ruby version will be available in Singapore this Lunar New Year at a whopping S$26,800 each.
- 2013-10-02: Vertu Constellation Smartphone Announced, Does Not Come Cheap
- 2013-08-01: Vertu Ti Ferrari Limited Edition Gains Design Inspiration From F12 Berlinetta
- 2013-02-17: Vertu Looked At Windows Phone 8 Before The Vertu Ti
- 2013-02-12: Vertu Ti Debuted As Android-Powered Smartphone Worth $10,000
- 2013-01-31: Vertu Smartphone With Android Not Confirmed Just Yet