[CES 2012] ZIK Parrot is the latest addition to the Parrot’s Design By Collection, a product series designed by rock star designers such as Philippe Starck or Martin Szekely. The recent trend in the audio industry is to build celebrity-based brands to ensure good sales. The iPhone has also proven that good design sells, in that regard, combining the pleasure of the eye and the ear should be the perfect recipe for success.
From the photo, the ZIK Parrot headphones’ form factor looks sleek and elegant, and the build seems solid. The minimalistic design approach reminds me of the AIAIAI headphones designed with the help of 25 of the most famous DJs on the planet. I have not had the opportunity to listen to the sound quality yet, I will make sure to do so during the show.
The ZIK Parrot includes a wide range of smart features such as a sensitive touch panel, Bluetooth audio streaming from smartphones/tablets/Mac & PC, automatic activation with motion detector, easy connection with NFC technology, active noise controlling (noise cancellation), and access to dedicated applications for iPhone and Android smartphone. No word on the pricing yet, the device will be available in 2012.
Next Story: Olympus Tough TG-320
- 2014-01-13: FAA Wants To Create Safety Guidelines For Drones
- 2014-01-05: Parrot Unveils MiniDrone And Jumping Sumo Robots
- 2013-12-04: SkyJack Drone Hacks And Gains Control Of Other Drones
- 2013-11-20: Parrot Announces Zik And AR.Drone 2.0 App Compatibility For Windows
- 2013-11-04: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Announced
- 2012-01-10: ZIK Parrot demo
- 2012-01-08: Parrot AR Drone 2.0
- 2012-01-08: Parrot ASTEROID NAV shows you where to go
- 2012-01-08: Parrot ASTEROID CK makes driving safer
- 2012-01-08: Parrot ASTEROID 2DIN: a complete in-car infotainment system