Missed out on the HP TouchPad fire sale but still looking for a $99 tablet? It looks like Sprint has something that might fit the bill – provided you don’t mind signing up for a 2-year contract. The folks over at Android Police were recently tipped off with some Sprint promotional flyers advertising an upcoming Android tablet called the ZTE Optik. Said to go on sale on February 5th online (in-stores March 11th), it will cost $99 with a 2-year contract and $349 off-contract.
The ZTE Optik packs pretty decent specs: a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 7″ display (resolution unknown but likely to be 1280 x 800), 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front facing camera, Bluetooth, WiFi and 3G connectivity, a 4,000mAh battery and Android 3.2 Honeycomb.
Accessories for the tablet were also revealed, with one of them being the Smart Cover which seems to be a copy of the Smart Cover for the iPad 2. It features a foldable front flap, magnets, and functions as a stand for the tablet when necessary. However, it will be priced at $44.99, which is almost half the price of the tablet if you buy it on contract. Hit the source link to check out the leaked flyers.
Next Story: Nokia sends out MWC invites
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-08: ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-02-18: ZTE To Introduce New Android And Firefox Phones This MWC
- 2014-01-27: ZTE Optik 2 Launches On Sprint For $29.99
- 2013-02-21: Sprint Force LTE Leaks As Entry-Level Android Phone From ZTE
- 2012-03-01: ZTE Fury budget Android handset for Sprint gets pictured and detailed