If you have an app that’s recommended on the official Google TV blog – especially one that replaces Google’s own Google TV Remote app, it’s gotta be pretty impressive. Well, that’s what Able Remote is. Featured on the Google TV blog, it takes voice control to a whole new level on Google TV. Instead of just searching for content, users can use voice commands to switch channels or launch apps.
In addition to working as a remote control for your Google TV, it has a whole bunch of other features as well, such as the ability to easily send videos and photographs from your smartphone or tablet to your TV. Incoming calls or text messages can also be displayed as notifications on your TV screen so your eyes never have to leave the TV just to check who’s calling (a crucial feature during good scenes or tense matches!).
While I haven’t got a Google TV to test the app myself, judging by all the rave reviews on the Android Market, it’s safe to say that it delivers. Give it a shot by downloading it from the Android Market (free) and let us know what you think.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mailbox For Android And Mac (Beta) Launched
- 2014-04-09: IFTTT App Could Be Coming To Android Soon
- 2014-04-07: Knock Lock For Android Locks Your Phone By Tapping The Display
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-12-03: Driver Pleads “Not Guilty” For Wearing Google Glass While Driving
- 2013-07-25: Chromecast Support For Google TV Confirmed
- 2013-07-16: Google To Roll Out Online TV Service (Rumor)
- 2013-07-01: Google Reportedly Being Criticized By Smart TV Manufacturers