Alcatel may have been known back in the day for their feature phones (although they probably weren’t considered feature phones back then), but it looks like the manufacturer may be trying their hand (again) at the smartphone market with the OT-915 Android smartphone that will be making its way into the UK.
The company tried their hands at an Android smartphone last year during MWC with the Alcatel OT-990, but it looks like they might be back again at MWC with the OT-915 (pictured above) which supposedly managed to get its photo leaked on the way to the UK. However if you were expecting a high-end Android handset, you might be disappointed although we’re guessing its Blackberry-esque keyboard might be of interest to those who prefer physical keys.
The OT-915 will sport a 2.8” display with a resolution of 240×320, a 5MP rear-facing camera, WiFi connectivity with support for FM radios and unfortunately it will come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread on board. If we had to guess, it seems unlikely that Alcatel will be pushing Android 4.0 out to the OT-915. Pricing has yet to be confirmed, but the Alcatel OT-915 is expected to be made available in the UK before the end of the year – rather vague if you ask me.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2013-10-28: Alcatel OneTouch Pop Tablets Leaked
- 2013-04-08: Google Play 4.0 Screenshot Leaked By YouTube Employee
- 2013-04-08: Pre-Release Of Facebook Home Leaked
- 2012-10-17: Google Play carrier billing could be available for Verizon subscribers come 18th October
- 2012-06-14: HTC Rezound gets another leaked Android 4.0 build, official release imminent?