With Android tablets being released dime a dozen these days with no end in sight, one cannot be faulted to check out the more obscure names just in case there is a hidden gem somewhere out there that is waiting to be discovered. For those who want to take the road less traveled without busting one’s budget, then the 8″ Allview Alldro 2 Speed which retails for 200 Euros might be right up your alley. This is originally a Chinese device that has been rebranded in Eastern Europe, and will not only run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but will also feature 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity.
You will need to connect a 3G dongle to this beforehand though, otherwise the only other option of going online with this puppy would be via Wi-Fi connectivity. A Cortex A8 1.2GHz processor runs underneath the hood alongside a Mali 400 4 core GPU and 8GB of storage space. With an 8″ display, the 4:3 aspect ratio is chosen, delivering 800 x 600 resolution, while sporting DLNA support, an HDMI port, and a bunch of pre-installed apps from Allview. The 2-megapixel camera embedded at the back clearly shows you why it costs only 200 Euros – some corners need to be cut somewhere!
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade