Without doubt Samsung has plans to update the Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but when exactly will we be seeing the update drop? Well rumors are pointing at a 1st of March timeframe, but it is possible that Sprint’s version of the Galaxy S2, the Epic 4G Touch, could be the first amongst the Galaxy S2 handsets out there to receive the update.
This juicy bit of info is courtesy of the RDF page found at Sprint’s website which basically listed the Samsung SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. If Sprint has already started listing the Epic 4G Touch with Android 4.0.3 on board, this could mean that an OTA update for current Epic 4G Touch owners might be imminent! Unfortunately apart from that juicy bit of info, it does not mention when the rest of Epic 4G Touch owners can expect to see the update, but check back with us from time to time as we’ll keep you updated!
Next Story: Apple shares hit $500
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-04-11: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Starting Today
- 2012-10-02: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM leaked
- 2011-09-20: Samsung Epic 4G Touch torn apart
- 2011-09-16: Samsung Epic Touch 4G source code released
- 2011-08-24: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 2/Epic Touch 4G spotted?