Heads up to our readers in Japan, if you’re in the market for a new smartphone or tablet with waterproof features, you might be interested in checking out a couple of new Android releases on Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo. The carrier has recently launched two new devices: a smartphone in the form of the Sharp AQUOS SH-06D, and the Medias Tab N-06D Android tablet.
The former will feature a 4.5” HD glasses-free 3D display with a 1.2GHz dual-core processor under the hood. It will come with a tabletop holder that not only charges the device, but will also pack a built-in antenna that allows the viewing of broadcasts while your device is charging. The handset will also come with the usual features that one can expect from Japanese phones, such as mobile-wallet services and a one-seg mobile TV tuner.
The Medias Tab N-06D on the other hand is being advertised as the world’s thinnest waterproof tablet and measures in at 9.9mm thin. The tablet will be compatible with NTT DoCoMo’s “Xi” LTE service and will sport a 7” WXGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor under the hood and will also feature mobile-wallet services and a one-seg mobile TV tuner.
Unfortunately it looks like both the AQUOS SH-06D and the Medias Tab N-06D will be available only in Japan, and they are expected to go on sale from March and April respectively.
[Image credit - Engadget]RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: Android, aquos, ntt docomo,
- Seen at: nttdocomo