Asus is certainly not winning anyone over with delays of system software updates to their “hot” systems, such as the Eee Pad Transformer. While patience is a virtue, it is another thing altogether to lead faithful customers on and failing them time and time again, as trust is a bridge that is not easily repaired. Owners of the Asus Eee Pad Transformer will know what I am talking about – it seems that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich system software update has been delayed yet again, and this time around, there was no explanation at all from Asus’ side, apart from a post on Asus of Singapore’s Facebook page which mentioned that the Ice Cream Sandwich update is still on track for delivery on the Eee Pad Transformer “within the Feb/March 2012 period”.
February is nearly over, and soon we will be in March. Will the update be delayed by then, just like how Asus delayed the January Ice Cream Sandwich update to the middle of February? Now that Valentine Day has come and gone, the Eee Pad Transformer still runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Let us keep our fingers crossed that Asus gets it right this time around.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-05-18: Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich fix
- 2012-05-11: Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update
- 2012-03-06: ASUS Transformer TF101 to get fix for ICS bugs
- 2012-02-23: Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-01-11: ASUS Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrated (video)