One of the main reasons why PC versions of games are preferred over the console versions is the ability to create and install game mods that have been made by yourself or other people. Some of the most popular games in recent years offer the ability to run user-created content, and a handful of them even came with official tools for the community to put their creativity to use. And just like Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 – Skyrim, Bethesda’s latest blockbuster game will be receiving its official modding tools soon.
Developed in conjunction with Valve, Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop will let users easily create their own content for the game, and then easily share it online with other folks on the internet. The Skyrim Workshop will make it easy for users to find all their mods in one place (provided a developer submits it there) as well as automatically keep their mods updated to the latest version. The Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop will be freely available via Steam when released (which should be in the near future). Check out the video preview above.RELATED
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth Trailer Teaches Us How To 'Cup A Spell'
- NSA: Monitoring Online Gaming Communities Since 2008
- Game Of Thrones Game Coming In 2014 From Telltale Games
- Blizzard's Legal Team Takes Control Of Blizzard.tv Domain
- Man Too Engrossed In Game To Notice His Car Was On Fire
- Follow: bethesda, skyrim, steam,
- Seen at: bethblog