RPG fans are probably familiar with BioWare’s Baldur’s Gate game, which in turn spawned a sequel and an expansion pack. All of this took place a little over a decade ago, ultimately leaving fans and gamers with the impression that the game had come to a close. Or maybe not.
It seems that the Baldur’s Gate website has been brought back to life and while it doesn’t really tell us anything, there is a quote on the website by the prophet Alaundo, which says, “The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos will be sown by their passage.”
Now we’re sure that some of you guys are probably thinking that this might have something to do with the Baldur’s Gate II Complete Edition game headed onto Steam, but then former BioWare designer, Trent Oster now of Beamdog quashed that speculation by saying it has nothing to do with the Steam complete edition, and that an announcement will be made soon.
So what are we looking at here? A possible sequel? Either way we can’t wait to hear the announcement, so stay tuned as we will keep you updated! In the mean time this has inspired me to dust off my Baldur’s Gate II CDs and relive some memories.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: baldur's gate, bioware,
- Seen at: kotaku