While most BlackBerry PlayBook owners are eagerly awaiting the arrival of PlayBook OS 2.0, it looks like RIM has already started working on the next version – if rumors are to be believed. The folks over at n4bb.com have reported that, according to a source, the PlayBook OS 3.0 is being tested right now. RIM has failed to make any mention of a PlayBook OS 3.0 in the past so this comes as a surprise, but if it turns out to be true that means we should be seeing OS 2.0 being released pretty soon.
No details about OS 3.0 were released, so we can’t say what it’s going to feature. Perhaps it’ll be closing the gap between QNX and BlackBerry 10? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. What features would you like to see available in PlayBook OS?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-01-03: All BlackBerry PlayBook tablets going for $299
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-09: Next BlackBerry PlayBook to feature 4G LTE connectivity and a higher resolution display?
- 2011-11-30: RIM investigates BlackBerry PlayBook rooting