Heads up Canon fans, if you have been meaning to upgrade your camera to the Canon 5D MK III, it looks like your wait is almost over! Pictured above is the invite that Canon is sending out the various media, indicating that an event will be taking place on the 2nd of March. While it did not specifically mention the launch of the 5D MK III, the 2nd of March date seems to be in line with earlier rumors of a March launch.
We had previously reported on rumors surrounding the Canon 5D MK III, the highly anticipated successor to the somewhat aging Canon 5D MK II. The previous set of rumors had us thinking that Canon could be announcing the 5K MK III on the 27th of February, but considering that it’s already the 29th, it’s obvious those rumors did not pan out. Like we said earlier, the invite did not specifically mention the 5D MK III, but we will be keeping our eyes peeled regardless, so mark that date down and check back with us for updates!
Next Story: Volkswagen optical illusion car conjured
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2012-09-26: iPhone 5 versus Canon EOS 5D MK III in camera shoot out
- 2012-05-02: Canon 5D Mk III LCD light leak issue fixed
- 2012-04-24: Canon offers free inspections for 5D Mk III owners affected by the LCD light leak issue
- 2012-04-19: Canon reportedly halting 5D Mk III shipments until light leak issue has been resolved
- 2012-04-16: Canon 5D Mk III LCD light leak has been officially acknowledged