If you happen to live in Japan and want to own a LTE smartphone soon, then look no further than NTT DoCoMo’s stables, as the mobile carrier is working to release the MEDIAS LTE N-04D smartphone from NEC Casio Mobile Communications a day after Valentine’s. It will run on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, and has a Qualcomm APQ8060 dual-core 1.2GHz processor running underneath the hood, in addition 16GB of storage space, a dust-proof body (IPX5/IPX8 certification) as well as support for mobile payments, 1Seg, infrared connectivity, Area Mail and being waterproof to a certain extent.
At the front lies a 4.3″ touchscreen display at 720 × 1280 resolution, while the 8.1-megapixel shooter at the back has a fast enough shutter speed that it can capture a photo just 0.8 seconds after the last shot. Since it was manufactured in a collaboration between NEC and Casio, the MEDIAS LTE N-04D will be able to function alongside Casio’s compatible G-Shock timepiece via Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. No idea on pricing just yet at press time.
Next Story: AlphaDog outdoor trials begin
- 2014-03-31: NTT DoCoMo Shows What 1,500 “Phone Zombies” Look Like
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2013-12-05: Docomo Safety Mode Might Just Save Your Life
- 2013-10-03: NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-09-30: NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On
- 2012-10-01: Docomo Shabette Robo keeps you in the know
- 2011-08-29: NEC to bring Medias N-04C to the US
- 2011-02-24: NEC Casio Mobile MEDIAS N-04C officially announced
- 2011-02-21: The world’s thinnest smartphone from NEC is only 7.7mm thick
- 2010-10-20: Smart Network Project members to test communication standards in Japan