If you had a PC-DOS computer back in the 1980s you’d probably remember DONKEY.BAS. It is a game written in BASIC and was included with early versions of the PC-DOS operating system. In case it doesn’t ring a bell, the screenshot on the right should jog some memories. What’s interesting about the game that not many people know is that it was co-written by Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft. Regardless of whether it was part of your history or not, you and today’s generation will get the chance to enjoy DONKEY.BAS once again thanks to XVision.
The developers recently ported the game over to the iOS platform, making it available to the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Nothing has changed – except how you play the game (you tap the screen instead of hitting the space bar) and it now features Game Center integration as well as the ability to unlock achievements.
If you’re keen on experiencing a slice of gaming history, head over the Apple App Store to download DONKEY.BAS now ($0.99).RELATED
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- MOGA Ace Power Controller For iOS 7 Devices Launched
- Apple Lets Developers Access Game Center To Remove Fake Scores And Block Cheaters
- iPhone 5C Case Can Now Be Used To Play Connect Four
- EA Alleges Apple Paid Them A "Truckload" Of Money To Delay Plants Vs Zombies 2 For Android
- Follow: app, bill gates, iOS,
- Seen at: tuaw