A couple of days ago, there were some rumors of Doom 4 being cancelled along with some alleged artwork from the game released online. Well, according to reports online, Bethesda has confirmed that the game isn’t cancelled. In a statement to Gamespot the game publisher announced: “Doom 4 is not cancelled. When we are ready to talk about the game, we’ll let folks know.” But as to whether the game artwork is really from Doom 4, it has yet to be confirmed.
A whole bunch screenshots have found their way online showing the work that’s been done on the game so far. Judging by what we can see, it doesn’t really look like the “hell on Earth” theme that the Doom games have been based on but who’s to say that id software/Bethesda aren’t taking the game in a different direction this time around? There are too many screenshots to post here (170 in total), so head over to AllGamesBeta to check them out and let us know what you think.
- 2014-02-19: Doom Beta Unveiled By Bethesda
- 2013-09-17: Doom Played Using The Piano As Its Controller
- 2013-08-07: DOOM Creator John Carmack To Join Oculus VR As CTO
- 2013-05-14: Doom Mod Lets Gamers Play SNES Version Of Mortal Kombat 2 Within The Game
- 2013-04-04: Doom 4 To Skip Current Gen (Rumor)
- 2013-03-19: Doom 2 Integrated Into Half-Life 2 Through gmDoom Mod Is Awesome
- 2012-07-09: AT&T to sponsor QuakeCon 2012
- 2012-01-18: DOOM returns to Xbox LIVE Marketplace
- 2011-08-31: Doom and Doom 2 now acceptable in Germany