Word from a Verizon employee has it that Verizon Wireless will be selling limited edition models of the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX smartphones to their employees, priced at a buck under a Benjamin for the 16GB RAZR, while the 32GB RAZR MAXX will cost $199 a pop. Not only that, in order to tell that this is a limited edition model, a special 4-digit number is engraved right on the front as well as at the back. I am personally interested in seeing whether these will have any kind of resale value, and will it be desirable enough to see a rise in price down the road?
Since a four digit number is involved, at least 1,000 of these puppies will be manufactured, maxing out at a theoretical 9,999. They won’t be able to stop bullets though even though a special red color scheme has been employed for the kevlar used on the back. Oh, and one more thing, there is a free dock thrown into the mix with each purchase. Expect these special edition units to roll out in April, and hopefully this is no April Fool’s joke!
Next Story: HTC streaming music service in the works?
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2012-12-25 Droid RAZR And RAZR Maxx Get Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-06-19 Latest Android 4.0 build reportedly rolls out for Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX testers, final release could be imminent
- 2012-04-19 Verizon rolling out Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX updates
- 2012-03-28 Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2012-02-21 Limited edition Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX finds its way onto eBay