iOS gamers, if you were looking forward to getting your hands on EA’s Battlefield 3: Aftershock on your iOS device, you might be surprised to find that the game is no longer available in the iTunes App Store. It seems that the game’s low rating and negative comments about controls and connectivity issues has forced EA to pull the game. In a statement released by the company:
“EA Mobile is committed to delivering mobile entertainment experiences that are on par with the content and quality users have come to expect from their favorite EA gaming brands. To this end, we have decided to remove Battlefield 3: Aftershock from the App Store and are currently re-evaluating the app in response to the consumer feedback we’ve received. We thank all the fans who have downloaded the game to date.”
No word on when EA will be putting the game back on the iTunes App Store, but good for them for taking the time to recognize their faults. No doubt this will not sit well with those who already own the game or who were looking forward to it, but it will be interesting to see if EA has any plans to make any restitutions to those who have already purchased it.
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2014-02-09: Dungeon Keeper's Creator Weighs In On EA's Version Of The Game
- 2014-02-06: EA Responds To Dungeon Keeper's Criticisms
- 2012-10-31: EA and Gameloft announce their support of Google's Nexus devices by optimizing their games
- 2012-07-25: EA pulling Rock Band for iOS from iTunes App Store at the end of the month
- 2012-05-02: Rock Band for iOS to "expire" on the 31st of May?